Main Menu

24 hr massive banner up for grabs!!

Started by Pete Sparrow, August 24, 2014, 22:28:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

Dear all
being a shifty bastard I have managed to do a deal with Anglesey for one of the massive banners outside the main entrance at the circuit.
These bad boys are rather lovely and it will be going up in the roof of the workshop.
Anglesey's circuit director Christopher Bibb's son, Will, went from London to Mongolia in a 2cv in 2 and a half weeks overland to raise money for 2 charities. Will will be in the scrutineering bay over the course of the weekend showing pictures, selling T shirts and telling stories about his trip when he's not working. Go and have a look, they and the car did amazingly well. Give him a pat on the back and buy a T shirt at the very least.
I have secured one of them for a 3 figure sum which will go to Will's charities but there is another one that will be offered to anyone from 2cvrc and 2cvgb.
Basically if you're interested in putting a bid in for the remaining banner then come and see me, Will or post the offer on the Friend of 2cvgb Facebook page:-

www.facebook.com/groups/friendsof2cvgb/10152275244282036/?notif_t=group_comment

Highest bid wins. Get bidding!
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Bas

£1.99    just to get it started   :)
Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Bodger

Pete Sparrow

Nope. Was auctioned off at the end of the race when the prizes were handed out.
Both banners made £380 for Will Bibb's charities. I think we did well and I know Chris Bibb from Anglesey was very pleased we helped.
wait till next year there will be more!
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)